Home Presentations Page Events Members Only Member & Chapter Sponsor List Other Links Join Contact us
Turnover/Commissioning Project Manager
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT Department of Facilities Campus Construction seeks an individual to oversee the turnover program executed for new and/or renovated building projects and manage select project commissioning processes (new building commissioning, retrocommissioning, recommissioning, or continuous commissioning). Will oversee the development, updating, and implementation of the Turnover Program; manage, control, and coordinate the turnover process on projects, verifying all MIT requirements are met; manage, control, and coordinate the commissioning process to time, scope, and budget while verifying all safety, quality, and environmental requirements are met; and provide support for third-party consultants hired to implement the commissioning process, liaising between them and the contractors.
Requirements: a bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, though those from other disciplines will be considered; a minimum of five years' turnover/commissioning experience; extensive field experience operating and troubleshooting building systems and building automation systems; experience with energy-efficient equipment design and control strategy optimization; ability to review commissioning specifications and prefunctional and functional test procedures; high-level oral and written communication skills; systematic and self-motivated approach to work; initiative; and ability to liaise effectively with professional staff throughout the Institute. Must have knowledge of the following: building operation and maintenance and O&M training; full building commissioning, retrocommissioning, and continuous commissioning processes; automation and controls systems, HVAC systems, gas distribution systems, commercial refrigeration, fire alarm/life safety systems, and lighting controls; design of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for commercial, institutional, and light industrial facilities; and building and energy codes and energy standards. P.E. or E.I.T. preferred. CCP, CxA, or LEED accreditations/certifications desirable; as is solid understanding of building structures and services and working knowledge of building system infrastructure, construction, and/or design.
Interested candidates may apply online at http://jobs.mit.edu/. Please reference job number 11776 and indicate where you saw this posting.MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Kitchen & Associates is a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Southern New Jersey that provides architecture, engineering, planning, interior design, and energy services with an intentional focus on creating positive and sustainable social, economic, and cultural benefits in the communities we serve. We are seeking a qualified commissioning agent to lead our commissioning practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Cx credentials from an approved certifying body, or the ability to obtain such.
- Ten years of experience in mechanical systems design, commissioning of new building projects, and re-commissioning of existing buildings, including LEED® commissioning.
- LEED® accreditation is a plus.
- Management experience.
- Professional Engineering license is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfort with developing new clients and securing commissioning projects.
- Strong HVAC and controls background. Hands on experience is a plus.
- Proven commissioning track record.
- Comfort with business development activities is a plus.
- Lead and manage commissioning projects.
- Prepare project-commissioning proposals.
- Perform review of HVAC, plumbing, controls and electrical design documents.
- Lead commissioning meetings and presentations.
- Perform equipment shop drawing submittal review.
- Prepare commissioning testing forms and equipment checklists.
- Perform field observation, verify equipment installation, and monitor equipment start up, balancing, and testing.
- Perform functional performance testing.
- Prepare commissioning reports.
- Staff management.
- Client interface and communication.
- Help prepare commissioning marketing tools.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. Our office is located in the heart of Collingswood, NJ, just two blocks from a PATCO station and close to Center City Philadelphia.
K&A is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email resumes (as pdf, rtf, or plain text files) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 5 megabyte limit for email attachments.
Find more about K&A at www.kitchenandassociates.com
Position Purpose: The successful candidate will serve our New England clients and be responsible for identifying energy savings opportunities for large commercial and institutional facilities with a primary focus of analyzing current energy systems and consumption and to make recommendations for energy upgrades necessary to decrease overall energy usage and costs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs duties associated with developing and implementing energy efficiency projects, performing retro-commissioning services, performing measurement and verification and providing technical oversight.
- Serves as part of a team advancing the energy efficiency offering for commercial buildings, HVAC technologies, building controls and refrigeration in both new construction and retrofits.
- Serves as a project engineer and highly knowledgeable technical specialist in the area of energy efficiency.
- Works on the energy services team and is expected to deliver high value technical and customer support to its utility customers and their programs.
- Conducts energy audits, site investigations, energy savings calculations and develop cost estimates for energy retrofits of large commercial and institutional facilities.
- Coordinates and schedules site visits with customers
- Identify and quantify energy conservation opportunities associated with HVAC systems, EMS Controls, Building Envelope and boiler and chilled water plant systems
- Analyze utility bill data to determine customer energy performance parameters
- Performs benchmarking of energy use
- Perform energy calculations using temperature bin analysis methods to calculate energy savings associated with mechanical HVAC equipment and systems
- Perform cooling and heating load calculations to properly size chillers, boilers, etc.
- Write scopes of work for HVAC systems for subcontractors
- Develop cost estimates associated with mechanical energy conservation measures
- Write detailed Energy Conservation Measure descriptions to be included in proposal submissions including EMS sequences of operation.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline; Electrical, Mechanical or Energy preferred
- 5 plus years experience in Energy Analysis, Energy Auditing and Energy Measure Design
- Prior experience developing energy conservation measures
- Experience with performing detailed energy savings calculations
- Experience with performing energy audits and energy modeling
- Experience with developing EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption.
- Experience with developing detailed cost estimates for energy retrofits
- Experience with performing measurement and verification (M&V)
- Experience writing, reviewing and optimizing EMS control sequences of operation to control building energy consumption
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of energy modeling software
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to: email@example.com
We are Strategic Building Solutions. For nearly two decades, we've partnered with institutions and organizations to create buildings that work and operate efficiently.SBS empowers clients to get the facilities they need and the buildings they envision by delivering technical, analytical, and managerial support. In every engagement, our approach is proactive, pragmatic, and intensely collaborative. And our team possesses virtually all the skill sets and professional backgrounds an organization might need to supplement its own capabilities and ensure the success of its building-related endeavors. www.go-sbs.com
Strategic Building Solutions, LLC (SBS) is a premier provider of professional management support services to clients. For more than a decade, we have partnered with institutions and organizations to create buildings that work and operate efficiently. SBS empowers clients to get the facilities they need and the buildings they envision by delivering technical, analytical and managerial support. In every engagement, our approach is proactive, pragmatic, and intensely collaborative. Our team comprises virtually all the skill sets and professional backgrounds an organization might need to supplement its own capabilities and ensure the success of its building related endeavors.
We are looking for leaders to join our dedicated team of professionals. With offices in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York City, Washington, DC and Pennsylvania, this rapidly growing firm offers competitive benefit, vacation, and salary plans.
The Commissioning Engineer will support our clients in the New England region. This role will help verify that newly constructed buildings are constructed and perform in accordance with the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR), contractual obligations, and the owner’s operational needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs commissioning and energy focused design reviews
- Performs tests of, emergency power, generators, UPS, central utility plants, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, HVAC systems, life safety and instrumentation and control systems
- Conducts field observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of equipment and installations with respect to compliance to drawings and specifications
- Prepares punch list reports
- Develops construction checklists
- Develops functional test procedures/scripts
- Possess a strong understanding of building and energy codes
- Produces reports, summaries, and briefings using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Works with project management, CAD, BIM, energy modeling and commissioning related software systems
- Physical ability to access work areas on construction sites (exterior walls, roofs, excavations)
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (Electrical and Mechanical Preferred) required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in large scale commercial and institutional buildings required OR
- Minimum 3 years relevant background in the building design / construction, architecture, and/or engineering field
- P.E. License is desired
- LEED AP is desired
- Commissioning related certification i.e. CCP are desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability or organize and present commissioning related information to clients and to lead project/commissioning meetings
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently both electronically and in person, including daily interaction with the Management team
- Strong customer interface skills required for liaison responsibilities at customer sites
- Ability to work with others to create a collaborative team environment
- Highly proficient in development of test documentation, tracking spreadsheets and reports
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successful demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies, combined heat and power (CHP), and sustainable, high preforming buildings
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems using construction documents, manuals, cut sheets schematics and/or flow diagrams
- Comprehension of building automation systems, data acquisition and control systems architecture and function
- Candidate must be flexible and able to travel to project sites and also able to function from both an office environment and construction site environment
- Able to work independently
- Able to work in team-oriented, collaborative and dynamic environments
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook
Position Code: 1305-02CxMMA
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Commissioning Engineer – New York City
This senior level position in our growing Building Systems Commissioning team will have an emphasis on retro-commissioning. The position will involve providing commissioning project leadership and growing Cannon Design’s commissioning services through marketing, relationship building, and staff recruiting efforts. New building and existing building commissioning project management, project work, and field work will also be required. In-state and out-of-state travel, as necessary, will be required.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of engineering and commissioning work experience, including a combination of HVAC design and field experience. This position requires a BS in engineering; PE license (or ability to achieve within 12 months) preferred. Required previous commissioning experience includes retro-commissioning, energy analysis, HVAC, building automation, and building system monitoring. Experience in energy audits, lighting controls, and electrical systems is a plus. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, as well as capable of and interested in growing the commissioning business service with support from the team.
COMMISSIONING AGENT/ENGINEER - VERMONT/NEW HAMPSHIRE
JFPCS, PC is an engineering and commissioning firm located in northern New England among the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire. Northern New England is one of the prettiest locations in America to watch the seasons change and to enjoy four seasons of outdoor activities.
JFPCS, PC has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual to join our fast-growing team of engineers and commissioning professionals. Candidates must be highly experienced in project management, experienced and skilled with all aspects of mechanical engineering and commissioning, and capable of managing a commissioning team for large facilities with advanced and complex systems. Individuals must be team oriented, excited about engineering and commissioning and must thrive on accepting responsibility and applying creativity.
Position requires a professional degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field. Professional registration as an engineer is desirable. These requirements include the ability to interpret construction documents, an understanding of applicable construction codes, working knowledge of the principles of design, and a solid grasp of construction industry practices and procedures.
For more information on the skills we are seeking for their professional position, please write to email@example.com or you may mail your resume to:
John F. Penney Consulting Services PC
PO Box 10
Chester, VT 05143
Reynolds is a trend-setting organization providing Commissioning & Consulting Engineering, Construction Management, General Contracting and Restoration services to progressive Owners, Architects, and Engineers throughout Pennsylvania. We are seeking engineers with experience in HVAC and Electrical building design applications to join our Commissioning team for building commissioning services in commercial buildings throughout the tri-state area.
Responsibilities include: performing technical design review, calculating energy savings, developing functional building system tests, handling commissioning projects, and supporting the development of tools to improve and streamline the commissioning process. Qualified candidates should have minimum of 2 years commissioning experience and Engineering degree. Well-developed presentation and communication skills are essential and the ability to drive projects to completion.
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits and dynamic work environment. Submit resume with salary requirements to:Reynolds Consulting Engineers, Inc.
3300 North Third Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2570
FAC12 - Engineer for Commissioning Services - Albany, NY
Erdman Anthony, a leading 300-person, employee-owned firm specializing in providing infrastructure engineering and support services to government, municipalities, and private-sector clients in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southern markets is seeking a mechanical engineering graduate with a course work concentration in the installation and evaluation of building mechanical systems.
This position will support the Commissioning Services Group in the Albany, NY and/or Harrisburg, PA offices. The position includes performing technical and economic reviews and analyses, executing and delivering commissioning services, conducting project site observations and mechanical system testing, and meeting the needs of commercial and industrial clients.
The following are desired requirements:
- Demonstrated commissioning experience of 5 years
- Knowledge of green building, LEED, energy conservation, alternative energy and sustainability requirements
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, PECI or LEED commissioning protocols
- Minimum 7 years experience in mechanical engineering of building facilities OR 7 years minimum controls engineering of building facilities system
- Working knowledge of the control of mechanical systems
- Energy Modeling EQuest Skills a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Strong project site observation and documentation skills
- Superior time-management skills
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive, energetic, and cooperative attitude with both customers and internal staff
- Licensed PE, LEED AP or EIT required
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, thriving consulting engineering environment. Come join a company that promotes career development with a program of continuous learning and understands that career development includes the opportunity to work on diverse and challenging projects. This position will allow for firsthand observation of building facilities systems to determine engineering and equipment solutions.
Qualified candidates will be rewarded with competitive starting salary and benefits. The Company offers opportunity for employee ownership. We provide a comfortable work environment and offer state-of-the-art technology and a competitive wage / benefit package, including family medical, 401(k).
Please visit Erdman Anthony’s website (www.erdmananthony.com/Careers/EmploymentOpportunities/) to submit your resume in confidence.
~ Erdman Anthony is an Equal Opportunity Employer